Friday, January 18, 2013

Learning to dance in the rain...



At many times in your life you will come across unexpected problems, hills or mountains, unforeseen obstacles that are put in your way. They will be there to test you, some more than others, some will make you scream in anger, cry in frustration or sadness while others will be easy to overcome. But they are all there to remind us it's not about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Learning to dance in the rain is probably one of the hardest things to learn in life, it's like having to choose whether to give up and walk away or to try even harder... No one can make the decision for you, like no one can teach to dance in the rain, It depends on you, you have to teach yourself.

I learnt to find something positive in these obstacles, it took a while but I finally conquered the whole dancing in the rain thing; Or at least I did for a few years. Recent months have shown me that it's something that gets harder to do as the days go on, it gets overshadowed whilst your fighting with the voices in your head....

As you get older your problems get bigger, more important and therefore take longer to go away, longer to solve. Dancing in the rain gets harder to conquer, some days you don't even want to get out of bed and on those days everything ends up going wrong. But the sun still shines and life continues.

I'm not a little girl anymore and my life has changed drastically and continues to do so on a daily basis. But I'm very grateful for those few people I'm blessed to have in my life, whether they are there for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment